Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Brutally Honest!

Lately, my kids have been brutally honset with me. It's funny how as you get older, you learn to have some tact, but young kids tell it like they see it. Unfortunatley, as a mother, I sometimes get the grunt of it. Kristen often tells me how squishy my tummy is, and though I wish I could say "it is not!", she's right. And I still remember at the end of my pregnancy with Kristen, Nathan asked me if I had boobs on my back since my back had gained a good amount of weight. At the time, it nearly sent me into tears. Of course, now I can laugh at it.
Well, they've done it again! Last week I was getting ready to go to master's swim at the gym and was walking around in my swim suit. The kids were home for Veteran's Day. Grant saw me in my sawim suit and all of the sudden said "Aaggh" as if I was a scary sight. Less than a minute later, Kristen walked down the hall and innocently asked, "Mom, why is your butt all wiggly?" Could the two have planned it any better? Brutally honest! Needless to say, I decided to take the cinnamon rolls I'd made that morning to the gym and share them with my fellow swimmers rather than eat them all myself and make my butt more wiggly!

2 comments:

Jamie and Lindsey said...

I hear ya! Callie asked me (before I was pregnant) if I had a baby in my tummy like her mommy. I know they don't mean it in a bad way. Now I can laugh.

Erin said...

Yea right!! There is no FAT on you. I don't think I want your kids seeing me though!